Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine
The Government Department responsible for the development of agriculture, fisheries and food policy in Ireland.
The Department of Agriculture employs OSi Digital mapping for a variety of applications:
- The monitoring and control of payments under the Common Agriculture Policy schemes.
- Animal identification and movement.
- Monitoring and control of Farmers Payment Schemes.
- Farm Waste Management Scheme.
- Suckler Herds Welfare Scheme.
- Organic Farming and Disease Control.
- Monitoring and control of payments under the Rural Environmental. Protection Scheme (REPs) – (see Teagasc
- Management of Forestry.
- Protection of the Rural Environment – climate change, bio-energy and bio-diversity.
- Coastal Zone Management – dumping at sea etc.
- Seafood policy and development of fisheries.
- Food Safety and Controls on Meat.
OSi Data Bases employed
- Prime 2 derived Large Scale Mapping.
- Small and Medium Scales Mapping.
- High and low level imagery and orthophotography.
- Height models and Lidar models.
- National Boundaries and small areas database.