Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSi) has a proud tradition spanning three centuries of delivering quality products and services to its customers. With your assistance, we intend to maintain and wherever possible, improve on the standards you, our customers, expect of us.
YOU can assist us by:
- Offering comments on our products or services, in particular highlighting any areas that you consider require improvement.
- Filling out “Customer Comments Card” if you are a personal caller to one of our sales outlets.
- Participating in any Customer Survey undertaken by the organisation.
- reating our staff with the same courtesy and dignity that you would expect in return.
WE will commit to the following:
- An Efficient and Courteous service: Whether you are a personal caller to our office or are a telephone caller, you will at all times be treated efficiently and with dignity and respect.
- Upgrading of Products and Services: We will continue to develop new products and services in line with the changing needs and expectations of all our customers.
- Consultation with our customers: We will ensure that there is ongoing formal and informal consultation with our customers, both in relation to current products and services and planned developments.
Access to products and services: We will ensure that our products and/or services are delivered taking full account of the needs and convenience of our customers.
This will include:
- Providing products or service through a range of media e.g. Sales outlets, eCommerce, etc.
- Ensuring that sales office outlets are located within reasonable proximity to our customers.
In order to achieve this:
Our Map Sales Office, located in the Phoenix Park in Dublin, is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.15pm including lunchtime.
We have appointed Place Map Agents and strategically located them throughout the country to provide optimal ready access to customers.
Details are available by calling 01-802-5300 or on www.OSi.ie.
OSi’s Tourism & Leisure products such as the Discovery Series, the Dublin and other City Street Guides and Atlases are available through many bookshops, garage forecourts and other retail outlets. OSi products can also be purchased by ordering online here.
All Corporate Customers will be introduced to a Key Account Manager who will act as their principal point of contact for all their requirements.
Telephone Enquiries to the organisation:
Our LoCall telephone number is 1890 674627.
We will answer your call as promptly as possible – our aim is to answer your incoming call within 25 seconds.
We will endeavour in all cases to dispatch products from our Telesales department within one day of receipt of a valid order.
Many enquiries to Ordnance Survey Ireland are, by their nature, complex. All our staff will be as helpful and informative as they possibly can, and if a staff member is unable to deal with your enquiry he/she will attempt to transfer the call to someone who can If your query cannot be dealt with immediately we will take your details and arrange for your call to be returned by the appropriate member of staff. Where voicemail is available and you leave a message we will aim to respond by the following day at the latest. Where appropriate, we will provide you with the name and telephone number of the nearest agent or distributor in your locality.
Correspondence by mail/fax/ email:
We will respond to any written enquiry within 10 days of receipt of your letter. If it is not possible to answer you definitively within this period, an interim reply will be issued to address your query to the fullest possible extent. Correspondence by email will receive a prompt reply by the person to whom it is addressed. In the case of an email to our customer service department and where a reply is required by the sender, we will aim to acknowledge receipt of your email within 3 days and provide a comprehensive reply within 10 days. If you correspond with us in Irish, we will reply to you in Irish.
All visitors to our offices will be treated with courtesy.
We will deal with your enquiry promptly. We will endeavour in all cases to reduce to 5 minutes the maximum waiting time in our Map Sales Office for standard mapping or tourist and leisure products. We will endeavour in all cases to dispatch products from our Digital Sales Department within 5 days from receipt of a valid order. All callers who have an appointment will be issued with a visitor’s pass and be received promptly once staff are informed of their arrival.
Dealing with Complaints:
If you are unhappy with the quality of service you have received you have the right to complain. A complaint in the first instance should be taken up directly with the individual who provided the service or, in his/her absence, the supervisor of that area. If it is not possible to resolve the matter with the staff member or the supervisor you can direct the complaint to the Customer Liaison Officer. He/she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel 01-802-5300 or Fax: 01-820-4156
When a complaint is received by the Customer Liaison Officer, a formal acknowledgement will be issued within 5 days. The Customer Liaison Office will carry out an investigation and will issue a formal response within 15 working days. If the complaint is upheld then steps will be taken to remedy the fault and we will provide appropriate redress to you, the customer. Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint investigation you have the right to appeal to the General Manager Marketing who has full responsibility for the management of all aspects of customer service and who reports to the Chief Executive.
We will provide our customers with clear, accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date information on all our services. Our website will be as up-to-date, relevant, user-friendly and accessible as possible.
Monitoring our performance & Feedback
- We will continue to monitor our performance directly with our customers in a variety of ways.
- We welcome your comments, suggestions and views on any aspect of our products and service.
- We will continue to strive to improve the level of customer service.
Download a PDF with all the information on this page.
OSi Language Scheme
Suirbhéireacht Ordanáis Éireann Scéim Teanga 2014 – 2017 Faoi Alt 11 d’Ácht na dTeangacha Oifigiúla, 2003
Ordnance Survey Ireland Irish Language Scheme 2014 – 2017 under section 11 of the Official Languages Act, 2003
|Aerial Photography Sales
|Geodetic Surveying Services
|Trí Gaeilge Ríomhphoist email@example.com|